santarosamom

Conversation, ideas and events for parents in Santa Rosa and Sonoma County

All Discussions Tagged 'Christmas' (23)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Must have gifts for 2012

My kids are older, so gone are the days of long lines at Toys R Us for the "IT" toy of the year (anyone remember Tickle Me Elmo?). But don…

Started by Crissi Langwell

4 Dec 13, 2012
Reply by Tara Moore

Do you Elf on the Shelf?

My Facebook newsfeed is slowly filling up with some of the cutest photos ever of one of Santa's elves in various scenes around their house.…

0 Dec 4, 2012

Cheap gift ideas

This year I've been thinking of some ways to give meaningful gifts to those I love, and still not spend a fortune. Here are a few of the id…

0 Nov 29, 2012

Do you cut your own Christmas tree?

I'm putting together my guide for Sonoma County Christmas tree farms, and would love to know which ones are your favorite. Are you a famil…

0 Nov 20, 2012

How much is normal to spend on holiday gifts?

I'm afraid I went overboard on the kids this year. It started out with setting a limit for each of them. One of the kids got a little more…

1 Dec 14, 2011
Reply by Erica

Pennant Advent Calendar

I admit it. I'm an Advent Calendar junkie. Something about opening a little present every single day until Christmas brings out the 5 year…

0 Dec 6, 2011

Clothes for Christmas...

I warned my kids there wasn’t going to be a huge Christmas this year. It wasn’t that I couldn’t buy them anything, it was that they were wa…

2 Dec 27, 2010
Reply by Crissi Langwell

DIY gift: Jeweled Magnets

You know those old brooches that were passed down to you from your grandmother?  You know, the ones that are really pretty, but just not fa…

2 Dec 21, 2010
Reply by Crissi Langwell

Peppermint Bark

Why pay outrageous prices for peppermint bark in the store when it is so easy to make this holiday treat at home? Packaged in a cute tin, i…

4 Dec 16, 2010
Reply by Crissi Langwell

Book page garland

In response to the t-shirt wreath post, one of my friends sent me this that I need to pass along.  It's the brilliant creation spotted at a…

2 Dec 15, 2010
Reply by Naomi Gallon

RSS

© 2014   Created by Press Democrat.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service