santarosamom

Conversation, ideas and events for parents in Santa Rosa and Sonoma County

All Discussions Tagged 'gifts' (14)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Helping out some families for Christmas...a plea :)

I normally wouldn't post this, but I have one of those hearts that HAS to help. I am not able to afford much this Christmas for my own fami…

Started by Jessica Snowden

5 Dec 17, 2012
Reply by Jessica Snowden

Must have gifts for 2012

My kids are older, so gone are the days of long lines at Toys R Us for the "IT" toy of the year (anyone remember Tickle Me Elmo?). But don…

Started by Crissi Langwell

4 Dec 13, 2012
Reply by Tara Moore

Cheap gift ideas

This year I've been thinking of some ways to give meaningful gifts to those I love, and still not spend a fortune. Here are a few of the id…

0 Nov 29, 2012

Are push presents necessary?

I'm more than a decade past the time of having babies, so I'm slightly bewildered by this semi-new phenomenon of "push presents". This is…

3 Aug 30, 2012
Reply by Jessica

Gifts you should NEVER give someone else's kid

When my kids were young, I had one particular friend who found it funny to give my son (the one I nickname Taz...for Tazmanian Devil) the…

1 Dec 22, 2011
Reply by Karen

How much is normal to spend on holiday gifts?

I'm afraid I went overboard on the kids this year. It started out with setting a limit for each of them. One of the kids got a little more…

1 Dec 14, 2011
Reply by Erica

DIY Craft: Felt Book Blankets

I found this craft at FamilyFun.com, an adorable craft your kids can make for gifts for Grandma, their teacher, or even just for themselves…

0 Dec 6, 2011

DIY gift: Jeweled Magnets

You know those old brooches that were passed down to you from your grandmother?  You know, the ones that are really pretty, but just not fa…

2 Dec 21, 2010
Reply by Crissi Langwell

Kids giving gifts

Kids look forward to the holidays for many reasons, but we all know the number one – PRESENTS! Waking up early to find all those lovely wra…

0 Nov 30, 2010

DIY gifts - Jeweled Magnets

Turn vintage brooches into refrigerator magnet gifts. Use a pair of needle-nose pliers to remove the pin hardware from the back of each bro…

0 Nov 23, 2010

RSS

© 2014   Created by Press Democrat.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service