santarosamom

Conversation, ideas and events for parents in Santa Rosa and Sonoma County

All Discussions Tagged 'holidays' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What's on your child's holiday gift list?

As my kids get older, it seems like their wishlists for gifts gets smaller and smaller. But don't let that fool you - the items get pricier…

Started by Crissi Langwell

0 Dec 1

Must have gifts for 2012

My kids are older, so gone are the days of long lines at Toys R Us for the "IT" toy of the year (anyone remember Tickle Me Elmo?). But don…

4 Dec 13, 2012
Reply by Tara Moore

Cheap gift ideas

This year I've been thinking of some ways to give meaningful gifts to those I love, and still not spend a fortune. Here are a few of the id…

0 Nov 29, 2012

Spoiled brats complain about gifts they got

This is great. A bunch of whiny tweets by disappointed gift receivers were retweeted by Jon Hendron (aka @fart on Twitter). A few gems: Nic…

0 Dec 28, 2011

Gifts you should NEVER give someone else's kid

When my kids were young, I had one particular friend who found it funny to give my son (the one I nickname Taz...for Tazmanian Devil) the…

1 Dec 22, 2011
Reply by Karen

How much is normal to spend on holiday gifts?

I'm afraid I went overboard on the kids this year. It started out with setting a limit for each of them. One of the kids got a little more…

1 Dec 14, 2011
Reply by Erica

Sebastopol Ballet's Nutcracker

Sebastopol Ballet performed their "Micronut" a few weeks ago. John Burgess of the Press Democrat took a bunch of great photos of these you…

0 Dec 8, 2011

Pennant Advent Calendar

I admit it. I'm an Advent Calendar junkie. Something about opening a little present every single day until Christmas brings out the 5 year…

0 Dec 6, 2011

DIY Craft: Felt Book Blankets

I found this craft at FamilyFun.com, an adorable craft your kids can make for gifts for Grandma, their teacher, or even just for themselves…

0 Dec 6, 2011

Peppermint Bark

Why pay outrageous prices for peppermint bark in the store when it is so easy to make this holiday treat at home? Packaged in a cute tin, i…

4 Dec 16, 2010
Reply by Crissi Langwell

RSS

© 2014   Created by Press Democrat.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service